Sunday, July 3, 2011

Solo Artists in KPop

I watched the video of 'Break Down' by Kim Hyun Joong & 'Not Alone'by Park Jung Min.

Break Down is a lovely song & Leader is really hot in it but I totally prefer him as the 4D leader of SS501.
Not Alone is beautiful. The video is really meaningful. But how come JUNGMIN is singing it?? These two songs should really switch singers.

Break Down is a slightly electronic, dance song which has sexy dance moves. That describes Jungmin well. He could have killed those dance moves. He'd even overdo them and kill off us poor fans =D
Do it. Now.

Not Alone is a slow song that says how you should believe and that you are never alone. Has a lot of violin, cello, that kind of song. It requires good vocal power. Jungmin delivers perfectly. But I think that kind of song would have suited Hyun Joong better.

Actually, no.
The idea of either Jungmin OR Hyun Joong ever being serious is just a joke.

But I honestly don't think solo singers in KPop can make it internationally. They need to debut in a group first. Otherwise, they won't have such a big fanbase.
In that way, I really marvel at Se7en & BoA... They actually have fixed fandoms. Younha is also famous but I think they were really unfair to her. They didn't promote her 1/10th as much as they promoted Se7en & BoA but she became known due to her undeniable talent. I have no idea about other solo artists. I think there's a Joo. Yeah, Taec showed her off in Hot Blood Men & I found her when I was looking for that song Bad Boy (Argh, never found it... I think it's by Rain though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment